I can only tell you my experience. I only wiped out the other partitions but
left home alone. When I started KMail for the first time it asked me if I
wanted to move my old directories to the new. I said yes and never saw any of
them again. My be a bug who knows.
Roly

--
"MicroSoft - The company that made the internet unsafe!

                Linux Counter #241069