On Thursday 13 May 2004 21:14, Ed Chadwick wrote:
> Thanks, but I already checked that, and it's set to 5 as it
> should be.
>
> Ed.
>
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 15:12, you wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 May 2004 20:47, Ed Chadwick wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I've just upgraded from 9.2 to 10.0, and for the most part it
> > > went smoothly. The only trouble I'm having is with the
> > > display manager (kdm). i.e. The system boots up into a
> > > console, and I have to login and start X manually. I can't
> > > find where this is in the config to fix it. Any help would be
> > > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > A suggestion :
> >
> > su to root, open /etc/inittab in your preferred editor.
> > Somewhere in this file you'll find a stanza like :
> >
> > id:3:initdefault:
> >
> > Change 3 to 5, save, exit and reboot.

Well, have you tried the K menu : System --> Configure Your Computer
--> System --> Display Manager ?

Kaj Haulrich.

And Ed, please remove your "reply to" setting in your mailer,
otherwise replies don't get to the list. And please use
bottom-posting (seems I'm the list nazi today :-)).
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
* running Linux kernel 2.6.4 on Mandrake 10.0 *