On Thursday 13 May 2004 15:24, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 21:14, Ed Chadwick wrote:
> > Thanks, but I already checked that, and it's set to 5 as it
> > should be.
> >
> > Ed.

> > > A suggestion :
> > >
> > > su to root, open /etc/inittab in your preferred editor.
> > > Somewhere in this file you'll find a stanza like :
> > >
> > > id:3:initdefault:
> > >
> > > Change 3 to 5, save, exit and reboot.
>
> Well, have you tried the K menu : System --> Configure Your Computer
> --> System --> Display Manager ?
>
> Kaj Haulrich.
>
> And Ed, please remove your "reply to" setting in your mailer,
> otherwise replies don't get to the list. And please use
> bottom-posting (seems I'm the list nazi today :-)).

Thanks again Kaj. I looked for this in the menus but couldn't find it. The
closest I have is System --> Configuration --> KDE --> System --> Login
Manager, which appears to be set up correctly.

I did get in a bit of a tangle with KDE during the upgrade though. I had
KDE3.1 with Mandrake 9.2 previously, but I failed to remove KDE before the
upgrade, which I should have done apparently. So after the upgrade I had both
KDE3.1 and 3.2 stuff. I then removed everything to do with KDE (urpme -a kde)
and reinstalled only the 3.2 apps. Is there something else I should have done
to clean up the mess?

Thanks again,

Ed.

--