On May 8, 2004 22:26, Marc Lijour wrote:
> How do you manage to have your fxload called each time you boot?

I just downloaded the rpm file from source forge, then did:

urpmi fxload-2002_04_11-1.i386.rpm

to install it. The code to call it each time was installed as part of the
backpack driver install. Part of the backpack usb package was a script called
bpckusb. The install script does the following (among other things):

cp bpckusb /etc/hotplug/usb

This script at the end has the line:

/sbin/fxload $FLAGS -I $FIRMWARE

All of the usb.usermap lines start with "bpckusb". I'm assuming that roughly
what happens is:

1. When you plug in the usb device (the backpack drive in this case), it looks
up the device ids in usb.usermap.

2. From the line it finds there, it gets the name "bpckusb".

3. It runs the script/program of this name in /etc/hotplug/usb.

4. This script runs fxload to load the firmware.

5. The loaded firmware does some black magic with the usb modules to get
itself recognized as a cd burner.

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to use
these opinions are granted under the GNU GPL.