Hi,

Now I cured the root problem (thanx to Steve Philp) I can now log in as root or su to
root.......... but the problems just keep comin'  :o(

When I try to run linuxconf (or userconf for that matter) from /bin on the server via
telnet I get the message "segmentation fault" . Hmmm. If I log in as root directly on
the servermachine and try to run linuxconf the system "just" hangs and I have to drop
to another shell for shutdown/reboot (killing the process is useless....)

Anyone got any ideas /seen it/done it/been there??

--
Carsten