Aron Smith wrote:

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 10:33 am, rhein wrote:

Hello,
I'm using for the first time grip and I'm quiet impressed of the speed
and stability (I read my mail, download with Kget and rip a audio cd at
the same time)
But I have some questions after I red the help files:

  1. To get the name of the tracks do you have to be connected? I tried
     first disconnected and I got no names and all the tracks finished
     in the last track (in fact the following track erased the one
     before) after I got connected to get my messages I saw the names
     of the tracks in grip... I concluded that there is something going
on. 2. If I want to play the mp3 files on a music box or a TV/DVD player
what riper and format shall I use?
  3. What is the differences in the encoder: oggenc, mp3encoder,
     bladeenc, lame, l3enc, xingmp3enc, gogo, flac?

I'm doing that the first time under linux so I'm a little lost with all
those acronyms ;-)
Bye
Christophe

stick with lame for MP3s, oggenc for ogg files
Lame Aint amp3 Encoder= l.a.m.e
oggenc=ogg encoder
mp3encoder =mp3 encoder

Ok I tried to use lame but I get this error message: invalid encoder executable. Check your encoder config
So I went to the config and ther I have this:
Encoder executable: lame
Encoder command-line: -h -b %b %w %m
Encoder file format: ~/mp3/%A/%d/%t_%n.mp3

So what shall I do to get mp3 files?
Thank you
Christophe
ps: What is the ogg format for?