Hoyt Bailey wrote:

On Friday 30 April 2004 17:31, John Richard Smith wrote:

KPPP - MD10.0 CE BUG

The default install off the discs is KPPP2.1.4

Modem time out  is unchangeable from 5 second depite what whatever
setting you give it.

And when a connection is eventually made KPPP fails to dock into the
panel despite enabling it.

Does anyone know if they have an updated version ?

John

I am using 2.1.2 under 9.2 and it docks into the panel. I don't know about the delay.

Hoyt

The package MD10 CE installs is called kdenetwork-kppp v3.2-15mdk

Not only is there no docking, any adjustment to the modem time out, but the dialing speed slider adjuster bar doesn't work either, but I think the pppd package may be where the fault lies.

It's a pain having to live without the docking facility, it made closing down the connection easy, now I have to log out to achieve the same effect. The modem time out facility is also important with ISP's like mine, freeserve soon to be called Wannado (some wag has already christened it 'Canna do ') needs time for it's overloaded servers to let you in. One other problem is that the dialer no longer "cycles" between one telephone number and another in the phone numbers list , as my ISP like me to do, as it helps to even out the loads on their exchanges.
Normally a failed connection means the next number it dials is the next in the list. That does not seem to happen anymore.

What was it someone said about " K " in the name.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]