Hoyt Bailey wrote:

On Friday 30 April 2004 18:36, John Richard Smith wrote:

Hoyt Bailey wrote:

On Friday 30 April 2004 17:31, John Richard Smith wrote:

KPPP - MD10.0 CE BUG

The default install off the discs is KPPP2.1.4

Modem time out  is unchangeable from 5 second depite what whatever
setting you give it.

And when a connection is eventually made KPPP fails to dock into
the panel despite enabling it.

Does anyone know if they have an updated version ?

John

I am using 2.1.2 under 9.2 and it docks into the panel.  I don't
know about the delay.

Hoyt

The package MD10 CE installs is called kdenetwork-kppp v3.2-15mdk

Not only is there no docking, any adjustment to the modem time out,
but the dialing speed slider adjuster bar doesn't work either, but I
think the pppd package may be where the fault lies.

It's a pain having to live without the docking facility, it made
closing down the connection easy, now I have to log out to achieve
the same effect. The modem time out facility is also important with
ISP's like mine, freeserve soon to be called Wannado (some wag has
already christened it 'Canna do ') needs time for it's overloaded
servers to let you in. One other problem is that the dialer no longer
"cycles" between one telephone number and another in the phone
numbers list , as my ISP like me to do, as it helps to even out the
loads on their exchanges. Normally a failed connection means the next
number it dials is the next in the list. That does not seem to happen
anymore.

What was it someone said about " K " in the name.

John

I have those problems on some versions of my install. A version is an install that works (somewhat). You install until it works [Ramdom selection]. I finally found out what caused that a totally borked set of install disks which resulted in no two installs working the same. Something to consider when illogical things happen like "K" in the name.

Hoyt

These are bought MD10 CE "pressed" discs. They may be faulty too but I doubt it, too many users would of complained if they were. No it's the the app itself on this occassion. Though you are right to suspect discs, it is not right to always suspect discs.
I think the default install kppp and it's dependencies need looking at.

I note a few changes to the app , some additional new features, so someone has been tinkering with it lately, and I guess fixed something but upset some of the existing features in doing so.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]