Bill Winegarden wrote:

Hi,
I followed the thread regarding the security update, so I decided to upgrade my kernel. Urpmi worked flawlessly. After rebooting I decided to try my digital camera....still no luck. So I installed the 2.4 upgraded kernel. Camera works like a charm. I now have linux, 2.6 and 2.4 as well as windows and failsafe in my lilo boot options.
Do I have to 'uninstall' any of the old kernels, as well as 2.6 or can I just delete them from my lilo?

tia,
Bill W.

You can just delete then from /etc/lilo.conf, and run lilo. But if you want the space back that the kernels are using, then you should remove them.
I don't like having the old modules directory trees around, so I usualy remove unused kernel RPMs.

Mikkel

--

(Missing signiture)