On Sunday 02 May 2004 18:59, Bill Winegarden wrote:
> Hi,
> I followed the thread regarding the security update, so I decided to
> upgrade my kernel. Urpmi worked flawlessly. After rebooting I decided to
> try my digital camera....still no luck. So I installed the 2.4 upgraded
> kernel. Camera works like a charm. I now have linux, 2.6 and 2.4 as well as
> windows and failsafe in my lilo boot options.
> Do I have to 'uninstall' any of the old kernels, as well as 2.6 or can I
> just delete them from my lilo?
>
> tia,
> Bill W.

To uninstall an old kernel just use your Uninstall Software GUI and filter on
kerenel. Select the one you want to uninstall.
When you uninstall a kernel it will remove the corresponding entry in Lilo.

I always make a point in taking a look at the lilo configuration after
installing or uninstalling the kernel just to make sure there are no
surprises. You would not want to be unable to boot :-(

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org