Hello:

Derek Jennings, in this list, led me through the process of enabling
Internet
for Mandrake 9.2 and a wireless adapter. I now have another computer which I
want to run with Mandrake 10.0, but the configuration which worked in 9.2
doesn't work for this version.

What Derek taught me: Mandrake (9,2) loads 2 drivers for the wireless
adapter (SMC 2662W VS..3) I have plugged in that computer:
"atmelwlandriver",
and "at76c503c". The problem was to exclude the first and use the second. He
had more than one ways to do it.

First, write the lines:

usbvnet_rfmd
usbvnet_r505_2958

in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.

Then, make a configuration file for wlan0 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
called /fcfg-wlan0, which is this one:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
DEVICE=wlan0

BOOTPROTO=static

IPADDR=172.16.1.36

NETMASK=255.255.0.0

NETWORK=172.16.0.0

ONBOOT=yes

BROADCAST=172.16.255.255

WIRELESS_ENC_KEY=94:41:94:54:75

WIRELESS_RATE=11M

WIRELESS_MODE=managed

WIRELESS_ESSID=2WIRE193

Either I made a mistake, or I have to do things in a different way for 10.0.

Derek, if you find you can have a little time for considering this, I will
appreciate it.

Teilhard.