Derek Jennings wrote: >
msec will change the permissions to those in /usr/share/msec/perm.x
where x is the security level

You should not need to edit that file since you can create an override using drakperm. Drakperm will create a /etc/security/msec/perm.local file for you.

It is all explained here http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/msec.php

derek

Thanks Derek and Lyvim,

I "touched" perm.local and added the mailman list dirs and the permissions they should have..
seems to have worked, did not have any error messages today..

--
rgds

Frank Hauptle (aka Franki)

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com Free web developer resources.

Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html