Hello,
I bought a HP psc 1350 multifunction for the school and I want to use it under linux... The scanner work strait out of the box under MDK9.2
Then I used PrinterDrake to setup the printer and he found a lazerjet 1300... I waited and waited for the print test.
So I run the wizard again and chose the psc 1200 (there is just a small difference with 1350)
The computer asked for the MDK cds to install some packages I gess and now it is printing.

One small problem: If I turn on the printer after I started the computer, I get a test paper printed out every time. Does any one have the same problem? Is it coming from the fact that I setup not exactly the psc 1350 driver?

What software do you recommend for scanning pictures and for text?
I googled and found xsane, kooka and GTK-ocr (they are also on the MDK 9.2cds)...
Is there a way to save strait to PDF format?

Any comments?
Bye
Christophe