Hello again,

I also have tried several PowerPC linux "distros" on my G4, including Mandrake Linux and Gentoo Linux.

They all give me the same result: before I see any text or what the screen is garbled and the computer hangs (well, the caps lock key doesn't work anymore, so I assume that). The screen contains a pattern of black and blue vertical stripes. Maybe my flatscreen has something to do with that.

Specifications:
PowerMacintosh G4 "mirrored drive doors"
1 processor at 1.25 GHz
768 MB of RAM
Two internal IDE harddisks, one 40 GB, another 120 GB.
An internal IDE Sony CD writer/DVD reader
A "Miglia" Alchemy TV card (PCI)
An ATI Radeon 9000 video card with 64 MB of VRAM
Apple USB keyboard and mouse
An ACER AL1911 19" LCD connected to a VGA convertor to the mac.

Since all works fine on a G4 Quicksilver I think it might be the display, however, I don't have another one around here. I get one from another location tomorrow. Could it also be the TV card?

Thanks for reading,

Leen