Thanks to all that replied.  Actually, I totally forgot that I emailed this
question here.  It would have been easier to do what everyone here has
mentioned.

But, I recompiled my kernel and got ACPI to work from there.  I ended up
downloading the patch from Sourceforge.

Oh well.  Your answers would have been easier and faster, but atleast now I
can say I have compiled a kernel and I'm not afraid of it.  ;)

Thanks for the answers.

Troy Davidson
Linux User #311107

Follow the adventures of a
real life computer and
      gaming nerd!

   www.clandaith.com

** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **