Troy Davidson wrote:

Has anyone setup ACPI with MDK 10 community on a Compaq Presario 2100
laptop?

I recompiled my kernel for ACPI support and got it to work, but then killed
my kernel with another compile and didn't make a backup.  Now, I don't
remember what settings I took in the kernel to get it to work.

If anyone has setup ACPI on any laptop and they would be willing to share
their config file, that would be great.  Thanks.

Troy Davidson Linux User #311107

++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Follow the adventures of a real life computer and gaming nerd!

** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

I have Mdk 10.0 Installed on a Compaq Presario 2190US. If you have acpi installed, go to /etc/lilo.conf, or go to MCC and use their Bootloader config. To the append line, take away "acpi=off" or "acpi=ht" and make sure to add "nolapic".

Mine looks like this:

append="nolapic devfs=mount resume=/dev/hda6 splash=silent"

Good luck.

Marc Resnick
Registered Linux User #350533

For those about to rock; I salute you.