On Wednesday 05 May 2004 16:20, Flávio Henrique wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a big problem (or not!?) here...
>
> I changed my win2k server for Mandrake 9.2 last night and everything is
> fine...
>
> I got success configuring samba, sharing some folders and files with my
> win98 clients...
>
> ok! but
>
> today when the users started to our software the problem: only one user can
> open the database (that is located in a folder shared by samba)
>
> I don't know what's happening...
>
> with win2k, when the user open the software (that uses a Access database)
> the *.ldb file is created in the remote machine...
>
> with mandrake, the *.ldb file is created in the same database's directory,
> with owner equals of the user that open the database... this not allow that
> others users open the database...
>
> Someone already have this problem? maybe one option in 'Global
> configuration' (Samba) or other thing that I forgot ???
>
> Plz, help me!
>
> PS: I'm using the samba to autenticate my win98 station in domain... (we do
> not have problem with logins, but maybe this helps)
>
> thanx
>
> Flávio Henrique

What are your share settings from smb.conf ?
One thing to consider is that samba clients cannot access a share to which
they do not have access peremissions.

The default smb.conf file has many examples at the end which could help you.
For my own public shares I use this configuration :-

[public]
        path = /home/grant/public
        valid users = derek,grant,abi,rosie,andy
        force directory mode = 644
        force group = grant
        force user = grant
        writeable = yes
        comment = public share
        force create mode = 644

In this example the shared directory is owned by user grant, so I allow other
valid users to have the same rights as the actual owner of the share.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net