Hello frankieh,

f> rikona wrote:
f>   > f> As a rule, I never ever do the GUI test in the installer..

>> This looks like the way to go, I guess.
>>
>> f> If it fails, you might have to start the instal again. (been there)
>>
>> :-((((

>> Thanks - I guess I'll reinstall once again. Sure was spoiled by 9.1.
>> :-)

f> Is it possible that you can't see the "is this working" type thing that
f> you click to verify the test? h
f> perhaps by some oddity it is off the screen and you can't see or access it?

Possibly, but the mouse stops at the edges.

f> is your graphics hardware unusual?

No - Diamond Stealth, uses S3 Virge chip.

I did an update instead of an install. It got me to the summary a lot
faster, where I could again opt to configure the graphics. Why it did
NOT do this as part of the install escapes me, though.

The secret was NOT to do the graphics test when offered, as you
suggested. Turns out I was only 3 screens from the end. Made it, and
now boots up OK. And, yes, the graphics are OK and don't need a test.
Your "don't test" is a good rule.

I'm looking forward to being spoiled by 10.0. :-))

Thanks much!

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]