On Sun, 16 May 2004 14:29:20 -0400
Walt Frampus disseminated the following:

> > Heh. Plopped down 99 bucks for a GeForce FX PCI card (since my 'Trident
> > Cyberblade' onboard refused to do DRI and was slow as shite). Powered down,
> > slotted the card, powered back up, Mandrake detected it and offered to run
> > the
> > 'appropriate config tool', which meant selecting the GF instead of the
> > onboard,
> > and that's it. It loaded the appropriate modules/drivers, modified my
> > XFConfig,
> > and now I am happily watching fullscreen video and using my beloved SVCD
> > script
> > again.
> >
> > You know, I just can't get the hang of this Linux thing... :-D
>

> Yeah, Linux sux doesn't it.  LOL I bought a new GEforce fx agp card a
> couple of weeks ago and love it

I wish I had an AGP slot, but this is an old clunker of a box. GF FX was prolly
overkill, but the 64MB was only 20 bucks cheaper (?!).

X seems a little more snappy, that's for sure, even with the load I'm puttin' on
it right now...

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
Kernel 2.4.22-21.tmb.1mdk Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586