David A. Ferguson wrote:
The easyest thing is to have one swap partition and one partition mounted
at '/'.  This has the advantage of not forcing you to guess how much space
to allocate to / v.s /usr.

David

Not very good idea. At least you should divide / and /home in separate partitions, otherwise on first opearting system update you're going to delete all your personal data.
I'd suggest 3G for /, 2.5G for /home and 500M for swap (more or less).

I have no experience with Fedora, but I did have MDK9.2 and W2K both installed on a 6G HD. No KDE or Gnome, though (but the complete development tools).

raffaele