Grant wrote:
Hello!  I had my win modem working with penggy to dial
up to AOL, but every time I restarted the computer I
had to:

rm /dev/modem

because there was a different symlink in there, and
then:

ln -s /dev/modem /dev/tts/LT0

This worked great for a while, but yesterday things
were acting strange and now I've got these symlinks:

/dev/modem -> /dev/tts/LT0
/dev/tts/LT0 -> /dev/modem

There doesn't seem to be a normal LT0 file in /dev/tts
anymore, just the symlink.  There is a weird "0" in
the file listing that wasn't there before too.  Does
anyone know how I can get my /dev/tts/LT0 file back?

- Grant

To get it back, try:

rm /dev/tts/LTO
rm /dev/modem
modprobe lt_serial
ln -s /dev/modem /dev/tts/LT0

As for the origional problem, I think it is the device file system settings that are causing this problem. I have not played with it enough to tell you how to fix it.

I have just about the same setup on my Thinkpad, but I am not in Linux right now, so I will try and send more information later.

Mikkel