On May 20, 2004 10:35, frankieh wrote:
> Ron Hunter-Duvar wrote:
> > On May 20, 2004 00:45, frankieh wrote:
> >>Hi guys,
> >>
> >>I just found something pretty interesting..
> >>
> >>http://www.colinux.org
> >>
> >>Allows you to run linux from inside windows..
> >>
> >>Very cool, I am currently running Debian 3 inside XP, have the internet
> >>working and I can ssh to it..
> >>Working to get X sorted, (have to use VNC cos I don't have an X server
> >>on windows..)
> >>
> >>Very cool way to "try before you buy", but its a bit too technical to
> >>have a newbie set it up.
> >>
> >>Still, its certainly an interesting toy.
> >
> > Cool, the best of both worlds! All the virii, worms and crashes of
> > Windoze without having to put up with all the reliability, security,
> > efficiency and power of Linux :^}.
>
> LOL, yes I know..
>
> However, I didn't say I was running it for productivity reasons.
>
> Mostly just to test some debian stuff that I will need to load onto a
> server soon.
> Also to impress a couple of windows guys with linux.
> I will install it for them, and they can try it and have a play without
> leaving their windows comfort zone....
>
> But its interesting isn't it?? I mean the places linux can run??
> possibly the most hostile enviroment on the planet. (inside windows)..

Yeah, it is interesting. I'm sure M$ will "fix" this with their next
"security" patch, though. Just like they used to do to Netscrape, and are
currently doing to Real.

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to use
these opinions are granted under the GNU GPL.