On Friday 21 May 2004 19:26, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 11:55, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > On Friday 21 May 2004 17:16, David A. Ferguson wrote:
> >

> > <snip>
> >
> > > Why does my eth0 show failed?
> > >
> > > When Mdk10oe boots it hangs on the 'bring up eth0' message
> > > for a long time and then says [FAILED].  Where can I go to
> > > look and see more detailed information on why it failed?
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > Don't know if this will help : I had this message all of a
> > sudden, without changing anything. After some looking around, I
> > simply noticed that an extra diode-light had shown up on my
> > DSL-modem. The light in question was marked "lock". After
> > restarting the modem, everything was in order. I haven't the
> > faintest idea, why it locked. ...A short power-off, maybe ?
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
> Wieeeerrrd, Kaj. ??
>
> LX

Very much so. But sometimes we have short power outages here, way
out from everything, including power stations. I tried to mimick an
outage by shortly switching the power off/on, and you know what ? -
The "lock" light came on, and my eth0 FAILED.

But that's only me, I suppose. Nice to have you onboard again,
Lyvim.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
* running Linux kernel 2.6.4 on Mandrake 10.0 *