On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:08:20 +0100
Drew Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>             I have just got a CD/MP3 Disc player for the  car.What I
>             would
> like to know is if I burn a MP3 CD,using 3KB or some other burning
> tool,would

It should play fine. I've been doing this sometime for my portable Sony
Walkman. FWIW, these things are great, they play CDs full of mp3s as
well as regular CDs. Add a foursome of rechargeable batteries and you're
all set. It gave me a boatload of listening options back last September
when I took the train trip to Portland (about 14 hours). And I still
carry it around for commuting because I have a longish bus commute to
work every day.

>             The player i have supports ISO9660 level 1 or level 2
>             format,or
> Joliet or Romeo in the expansion format(whatever this means).

That really has to do with the filenames. On my portable, the names of
the songs show up, but not on my set-top DVD player (which also plays
mp3s). I normally use gcombust for burning these things.

>            I believe that Linux burning programs will use ISO9660 when
>            I burn
> the disc,am I right.

Right. iso9660 is the cdrom filesystem standard. Basically you just put
all the mp3s you want to burn in a subdirectory, and then issue 'mkisofs
-o cdimage <list of files>' which builds an iso9660 image with those
files. There are some options which enable Rockridge / Joliet /
whatever.