On Sunday 23 May 2004 07:46 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Monday 24 May 2004 00:14, g2 wrote:
> > I would like to access and listen to aac files under MDK 10.0 O.
> > I downloaded
> > aacplugin-1.1.4.tar.gz
> > However it answered:
> >
> > configure: error: *** FAAD library (libfaad) not installed - please
> > install first ***
> >
> > I have not been able to locate this file.  I have tried searching from
> > rmpDrake (I have set up urpmi with online sources) as well as sourgeforge
> > and freshmeat.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Thanks
> > Gideon
>
> Any time you want to know which package a file lives in use urpmf
>
> urpmf libfaad
>
> You probably need to install libfaad2_0-devel as well as
> libfaad2_0
>
> derek

Thanks derek for the info.
Could you provide additional direction?
What am I looking at in the urpmf results?   "libfaad2_0" is the file I am
finding out about and the results say this file is in all these diferent
packages on my system?  So the same file is in all those packages, or all
those packages somehow depended on one single copy of the file on my HD?
It seems to me like I have lots of faab!
The results of urpmf libfaad are below.
I am still confused about how to located the missing package.
I do believe I have a plf sourse entered in "software media manager" (urpmi?)
my plf entry is:
ftp://mandrakeusers.org/pub/PLF/mandrake/10.0

Result of urpmf libfaad:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] aacplugin-1.1.4]# urpmf libfaad
libfaad2_0-static-devel:/usr/lib/libfaad.a
libfaad2_0-static-devel:/usr/lib/libfaad.la
libfaad2_0-static-devel:/usr/lib/libmp4ff.a
libfaad2_0-static-devel:/usr/lib/libmp4ff.la
libfaad2_0-static-devel:/usr/lib/libmp4v2.a
libfaad2_0-static-devel:/usr/lib/libmp4v2.la
libfaad2_0:/usr/lib/libfaad.so.0
libfaad2_0:/usr/lib/libfaad.so.0.0.0
libfaad2_0:/usr/lib/libmp4ff.so.0
libfaad2_0:/usr/lib/libmp4ff.so.0.0.0
libfaad2_0:/usr/lib/libmp4v2.so.0
libfaad2_0:/usr/lib/libmp4v2.so.0.0.0
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/include/faad.h
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/include/mp4.h
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/include/mp4ff.h
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/include/mpeg4ip.h
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/include/systems.h
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/lib/libfaad.so
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/lib/libmp4ff.so
libfaad2_0-devel:/usr/lib/libmp4v2.so
vlc-plugin-faad:/usr/lib/vlc/codec/libfaad_plugin.so
[EMAIL PROTECTED] aacplugin-1.1.4]#

Thanks so much for your time.
You probably didn't figure I was quite THIS confused ! :)

Gideon