From: Derek Jennings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 May 2004 10:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Samba server for shares

On Monday 24 May 2004 06:07, Tobias Cloete wrote:
> Thanx,
>
> I'll setup die security to high only.
> I don't want anonymous access to the shares.
> Each user must access only their share and nothing more. They will
only
> have read access too. Eg. \share\jargon; \share\someone; etc...
>
> I did read upon samba a bit more.
> I'm trying to get dit box to use samba-winbind for domain
> authentication.
> Any ideas?
>
> I do use die net join ..... command but, when I try to see the usr's
om
> the windows dc, I get an error. I read somewhere on the list someone
> said something about, Keberos and using that to authenticate against a
> windows domain.
>
> Regards,
> Jargon

I know what you want to do is possible, but it is outside my own
experience.
If you get no further replies here, I suggest you ask in the forum at
MandrakeClub www.mandrakeclub.com.  One of your fellow countrymen Buchan

Milne posts there and is a real whizz at all things to do with Samba. He

responds to virtually every Samba question on the forum.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org