Hello, my name is Brian and I am a Linux newbie.  ;-)

I just installed Mandrake 10 Official via an FTP install on Saturday, which took approximately 4.5 hours to complete.  My system is a dual boot with XP Professional.

I have an intellimouse optical mouse connected via ps/2 (via kvm switch), and am confused as to how to configure it so the scroll wheel and two side buttons work correctly.  I googled and found several different ways to go about setting it up, all of them different and none 100% guaranteed.

Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to configure it?  It works perfectly under windows (wheel scrolls, two side buttons go back and forward when browsing).

Thanks!!!
Brian