On Tuesday 25 May 2004 10:11 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> ape is another lossless codec, and you can use it on Linux.
> From the homepage you have to visit the developers page I think
> and you can find the source or links to a binary; also search
> the forums. There's also an xmms plugin for ape, but I usually
> decode them to wav and convert to flac on general principles.
>
> I couldn't get the most recent ape 3.99 to compile so I'm using
> 3.96; you might find some apes made with 3.99 that 3.96 can't
> decode. Which sucks. Download one file and try it first.
>
> >     So... criticise my flac conversion, ogg2wav, an give me
> > some help with monkeys ;)   There's some stuff on ...
> > lossless.country I'd like to try out
>
> OK, I did your homework for you:
> http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~pfk/mpp/index2.html#ape
>
> Todd ;)

     I got that file yesterday (precompiled 'mppdec' for linux),
but haven't had much luck with it. I was hopin some of y'all knew
of better options than an app targeted to Windoze users.  But
thanks. Guess I'll try the source code at www.monkeysaudio.com as
Charles noted, or the source at your link Todd.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American