Hello David,

DBW> I have tried all of the "hints" from Opera and none work.

If it's IE-specific code it will not work well, or at all. If Opera
fixes it with a work-around, a later M$ "update" will fix the
"problem" of Opera being able to work. :-( This is a continuing
problem for Opera users.

DBW> I did leave a message with the bank that they should allow Opera,
DBW> Mozilla,  etc. etc. and reported the issue to Opera.

I have gone round and round on this with quite a few companies
including several banks. Essentially, they tell me to go away, and the
success rate has been quite low. The larger the company, the less
likely it will be done (a few VERY small companies are sympathetic,
but can't afford it, though).

Compounding the problem is the widespread need to lie about browser
type. This simply adds to the statistics favoring IE, and make them
LESS likely to change when they look at the numbers. Some have told me
less than 1% of users are non-IE! Maybe they went someplace else.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]