Rob Blomquist wrote:

On Sunday 30 May 2004 10:53 pm, frankieh wrote:

My question is: Will the chipset itself (nforce2) run ok on mandrake
9.2 and 10 ???

Yep. I have been using a NForce2 (Asus A7N8X-Deluxe) mobo since 9.0 and it works great. 9.1 needed to come out to use the onboard LAN, Soundcard, and hardware monitoing had to wait for 9.2 to work properly, but under 9.2 and on, it has worked flawlessly.

Rob

This is coming to you from an MSI k7N2 Delta-L mobo using MD10.0CE install, and all works well enough, though I still have a few questionmarks on some aspects. I'm not actually employing any Nvidia proprietary software as yet, though I might. Not being a gamer I'm not particularly interested in graphic acceleration, but I do have a TVout I'd like to support, though of course this has nothing to do with the mobo as such.MD10.0CE is the only linux OS I have working so far, and it runs better on the 2.6 kernels than the 2.4. I am not 100% happy with the sound quality, though it has to be said this could be a configuration problem, I'm using the ALSA version 1.0.2c: intel8x0. driver because nothing with Nvidia connotation works.The sound quality is a little bit naff.

You don't mention whether you are going to install windblows, because there are definately lessons to be learnt about the nature of the install, especially the USB2 setup,which are not well documented, but easy enought to get around once you know how.I have both XP and W2K all on and fully functional in every department.

Hope this helps you decide. Looking back on it,bought this board only recently, I had a choice of another MSI board with Via chips for N/S bridge chips , it might of been easier to install, but on the whole I'm not dissatisfied with the overall result, and so have no regrets. I don't think you will have any regrets about Nvidia N2 'bridge chips so long as you install an uptodate linux OS.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]