----- Original Message -----
From: "James Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] dvd drive won't exit

On Tuesday 01 Jun 2004 20:58, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Just a guess - automount (or equivlent) has the CD or DVD mounted, and
> the drive locked. Try using the eject command and see if that works.
> If you have any programs that are accessing the drive, it will not work.

If not, try right clicking the Desktop Icon, and selecting "Unmount".

Red Hat was a beggar for doing that to me......

JRH

When I tried that  it gave me an error message saying that only root could
unmount the DVD.

I didn't have this problem with my old DVD. Any ideas on how I can set up my
computer so I don't have to unmount it manually?

Eric Jackson

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
  Sent using Kmail, on Mandrake Linux 10CE
  "Microsoft: Which Virus Would You Like to Catch Today?"

----