On June 2, 2004 03:45, Rory Gleeson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using MDK 10.0 on my old Celeron.  I just bought a new computer
> with the following specs:
>
> AMD64 Athlon 3000
> K8V SE Deluxe
> ATI Radeon 9200 SE
> 512 DDR RAM
>
> I can't get MDK10 to do a full install.  I've used these discs before
> without issue.   It starts to install correctly.  However, after
> partitioning (I've tried this on two HDs with the same result), it starts
> to install the files.  During this copying period, each time it stalls, the
> CD stops having files retrieved and the HD stops working.  It stops at a
> different place each time.
>
> I've tweaked the K8V Deluxe motherboard without success.  I turned off USB
> Legacy Support (which caused me an initial hang right at the beginning the
> install process before the graphical install started).  I also turned off
> ACPI and APM as an experiment.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions at all, I'd really appreciate it.  I think
> this is a small problem that I just can't identify.  This purchase was my
> final step in dumping XP for good, but I'm a bit glum right now.  By the
> way, XP Pro installed fine on the box without issue after my initial MDK
> failures.  So, once I got XP running, I then erased all the partitions,
> knowing an OS could load, and went back to fiddling with MDK.  SuSE 9.1
> Live and MandrakeMove (without LAN support) installed without issue, too.
>
> Thanks,
> ~Rory

I could be wrong, but isn't there a different version of Mdk 10 for AMD64? I
seem to recall seeing release candidate announcements for it (it's a little
behind the x86 version).

--
Ron Hunter-Duvar
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to use
these opinions are granted under the GNU GPL.