From: "Rory Gleeson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I can't get MDK10 to do a full install.  I've used these discs before
> without issue.   It starts to install correctly.  However, after
> partitioning (I've tried this on two HDs with the same result), it starts
> to install the files.  During this copying period, each time it stalls,
the
> CD stops having files retrieved and the HD stops working.  It stops at a
> different place each time.

I am very new to Mdk so these ideas might not be useful.

Are you sure the CD's are good?

I have burned CD's that didn't mention errors during the burn but when
I compared the ISO to the CD there were files that didn't match.

Can you see any error logs?

Some times you can see error logs if you press Ctrl+Alt+F3 (or
Ctrl+Alt+F4 I can't remember which).  On my system I have to use the
Ctrl+Alt on the left side of the keyboard.  The Ctrl+Alt on the right
side have no effect.  These keys switch to a text mode console that
shows error messages.  To get back to the graphic I use Ctrl+Alt+F7
(or F6).

Have you tried installing in text mode or expert mode?

There might be some more diagnostic information.

Are you partitions Ok?

Maybe WinXP setup a partition that MDK doesn't understand.  Since you
have removed all the software from the disk anyway, why not try
deleting all the partitions, during setup, and the repartitioning with
the defaults.

Have you googled for the problem?  Try listing your computer name
and a Mandrake 10.

Stick with it mdk10 is very nice.  It is much, much, much better than
the last version I looked at.

David