Hi

I at present am running Suse 9.1 on my desktop PC. I am having a few
problems with it, which I don't seem to be able to solve. So I am hoping to
install Mandrake 10 Powerpack which I have ordered form Amazon. I was
wondering if anyone has had problems with USB pen drives with Mandrake using
the 2.6 kernel. Under Suse it either isn't recognised or it locks the
machine up completely. I have tried two makes of USB pen drive and both have
the same result. I have also had the same problem with two different PCs
both running Suse. This USB pen worked fine with Suse 9.0 and Slackware 9.1,
so I think the drive is ok. I think it something to do with the new submount
facility in the 2.6 kernel.

Also even with modifying the fstab file to do away with the submount on my
floppy drive I can only write to it as root, I have changed the permissions
etc. and have changed the fstab to what it was under Suse 9.0.

So I was wondering before I wipe my Hard drive again, could someone tell me
if they have had problems with USB Pen drives under Mandrake 10 ( 2.6 kernel
) and if they have been able to use the floppy drive as a normal user?

Also the only way to burn DVD's with K3b on Suse 9.1 is to umount the drive
manually from the command line first before starting K3b up, and then
mounting it again to use the disc. Which is a bit long winded (like this
post!).

I have installed Mandrake community on a laptop, but didn't get chance to
try the pen drive out. But I was impressed with the difference in speed
between Mandrake and Suse. So hopefully this problem doesn't occur with
Mandrake.

Thanks a lot
Richard G.