On Thursday 03 June 2004 08:47 am, aron wrote:
> On Thursday 03 June 2004 07:32 am, Peter Mann wrote:
> Mandrake has come a long way since 7.  9.2 is very good 10.0 is also very
> good Use  64 only if you have a 64 bit processor  if you have a 32 bit
> processor (most likely) down load mandrake 10.0 isos and burn your self a
> set of CDs http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/
> is a good place to start Download Mandrake 10.0
> Enjoy
>
> > I embarked with Mandrakelinux 7, which came in the back of Sam's Teach
> > Yourself Linux in 24 Hours book.
> > It installed itself OK, but then it wouldn't recognize my on-board modem,
> > my LG CD Burner files, nor my Canon scanner,
> > and although it could tell me what model of Canon printer I have,
> > attempts to print did not work.

... and Canon scanners are "hit-or-miss."  I've, long ago, given up on getting
my D660U working with SANE.  Good luck with whichever model you have.

Glenn
--
18:43:27 up 2 days, 1:02, running Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Cooker) for
i586, kernel 2.6.6-3mdk

SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!
                -- Ken Thompson