Several programs can't preview or print, including LyX and kspread,
apparently due to an error in ghostscript.  Here's what happens when I
try to start ghostscript from the command line (Note error message I
marked with a ">"):

  $ ghostscript
  ESP Ghostscript 7.07 (2003-11-19)
  Copyright 2003 artofcode LLC and Easy Software Products, all rights
  reserved.
  This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
> Unrecoverable error: limitcheck in token
> Operand stack:
>     --nostringval--  --nostringval--  CHR32  --nostringval--

The error message shown in the last three lines is the same error
message shown by whatever program I'm trying to preview or print from. I
cannot view any PostScript file on my system AT ALL. Upgrading the rpm
package for ghostscript made no difference. This is all way over my
head. Although I've been using LyX on Linux for over 6 years, I have
never had to troubleshoot this program (ghostscript,) and have no idea
what's wrong, or what to do about it. Can anyone help? I need to print
some documents right away! Help!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.

Should we continue to trust Bush as our leader? Read this, then you decide:
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4636.shtml

 Ambition often spends foolishly what Avarice had wickedly collected.

 Ignorance leads Men into a party, and Shame keeps them from getting out
 again.

                    http://www.TruthAboutWar.org
  What is freedom, really? See this great flash presentation:
             http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf