Rory Gleeson wrote:
During the middle of an update, another program froze the whole system and I had to reset.

Now, I can't get in to the drake software media update tool, can't do a mandrake update, etc.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Rory

As it froze in the middle of an update, it is possible that your urpmi database is locked. Try the following 2 commands in a root terminal:

rm /var/lib/urpmi/.LOCK

rm /var/lib/urpmi/.RPMLOCK

These will unlock the urpmi database, and you should be able to continue with your updates. If not, please post the exact error messages you are getting, plus details of your hardware and the version of Mandrake that you are using.

Margot