Jason Wilson wrote:

Oh, I see. So 'urmpi' is actually a command line tool that can only be executed by root. Is that correct? At least it works that way on my system.

Thanks for the help, John.

Jason
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes. Only root can install system software. Only root has write access to the RPM database. There are also GUI tools for installing RPMs, that ask for the root password before running. Look under the Configuration/Packaging section for Install Software. You can then search for the package, or look for the type of program you want.
It will also tell you about any other packages you need to install the package you want.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!