Hello Rob,

Saturday, June 5, 2004, 11:45:12 PM, you wrote:

RB> On Tuesday 01 June 2004 11:41 pm, rikona wrote:
>> Hello Rob,

>> Since it is over the net, could samba be doing this?
>>
>> Any other ideas to get the first few chrs to print?

RB> Humm. Then it is probably Samba messing up or something like that. I have had
RB> problems with printing with Samba, but not this kind. I would say that the
RB> cups module is having problems with Samba,

RB> I am not an expert on Samba by any means, but I would check what the printer
RB> is saying on the printserver, and find out what Samba is saying... For cups,
RB> point your browser at http://localhost:631/ and check the logs for Samba
RB> in /var/log/samba/. You will also find logs for cups in /var/log/cups.

Thanks for the ideas. I checked all the logs in these dirs, and a few
others too. Everything looks just fine - it queues jobs, sends them
off, and reports printing them. No errors at all. This is reasonable,
in a way, because it DOES print the document, except for the first few
chrs in each line. :-(((

Any ideas much appreciated. More things to check?

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]