On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:35:00 -0700, David E. Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:28:16 +0100
Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In this respect 'deb', and 'rpm' are in my (inexpert) opinion broadly
similar. What really matters is the quality of the *packager* (How

Thanks for the further discussion. Linux From Scratch (LFS) mentioned a utility/program that would examine all your files before and after a compilation/install, to tell you want got files got added and where they were put. Then it would be the manual process of deleting those files if you wished to uninstall that particular application.

Obviously, this utility/program wouldn't be able to deal with dependency issues.

Now to determine how important it is for me to manually deal with dependency issues or use a package manager. Hmmm....

Thanks, David, Derek
"The Other" Stephen