On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:35:13 -0500
Linus Drouhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for all the work.  I haven't had a chance to try the
> "downgrade" path yet.  I won't waste my time compiling the latest
> version until an even later version comes out.

Compilation, at least in this case, did not help. I still got the same
aborted message when running the resulting binary.

I wrote the packager (Austin Acton) and he says that he is aware of the
problem, wixhed me luck on compiling, and is intent on producing a new
plf rpm within a week if all goes well - so I'd wait a little while, and
then raid plf's cupboards :).

Oh, and I was not successful in compiling the source of the newer
version. The source needs avifile-devel it seems, and ATM I can't get
that package installed due to a dependency file that urpmi can't find. I
figure that will sort itself out. I also got one or two obscure
assembler messages that ATM I'm not sure what to do.

In short, the binary I'm using works, is a slightly newer (1.2.0)
version, but it's only available AFAICT as a i386 binary rpm, so it
likely wouldn't use the MMX stuff :(.

http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/heroines/cinelerra-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm

if you're interested :) You'll need an XFree compatibility library, but
it'll let yuo know that.