On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:20:05 -0400
Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I also have attempted to build 1.2.0 and it is my sincere belief, Yes
> there was a gunman in the grassy knoll, that  cinelerra-1.2.0 contains

There is a config file, but it's hidden in the top-level directory. :)
Perhaps I did not choose some of the options correctly. I am not sure
how to set them all for a Mandrake system.

It does seem to do things a tad bit nonstandardly, for instance it seems
to get compiler settings from files inside the source directories (gcc
`cat somethingorother` <more options>) but that shouldn't be a big
thing. The one assembler diagnostic, along the lines of "NOT SUPPORTED
is not supported" is something I'm not sure how to deal with at the
moment. It does seem to require nasm rather than gnu 'as' but I think I
have that. I will probably try another go at it this weekend to see if I
can flush out the avifile-devel dependency issue (I had some avifile
headers in /usr/local/include, but that was for a rev that's fairly
obsolete, a couple of Mandrake versions ago :).

I doubt such a conspiracy exists, however. It's fully open source, the
source is on sourceforge. Yes, it's plf for somewhat obvious reasons but
anyone can get the source code and compile it, at least in theory.