On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:31:44 -0400
"Bill Shirley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ah, but in your original post you said "remove".  None of
> the suggestions you received removed the lines; they just
> copied them to a different file.

True, but he could just mv the edited file back to the original.

> This is kinda like in the status line of some browers where
> it says "Transfering data from http://www.mydomain.com";.  It's

Sure, 'move' vs. 'copy' it's just that the semantics are different. It
reminds me of assembly courses I took in the 80s where the instructor
was quick to point out that a MOV instruction didn't go out and
physically move the bits from point A to point B, but did a copy.

Here, have some left over oxide from my hard disk :).