On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 03:26, Eric Huff wrote:
> > > I guess what i really want to know is which desktop /
> > > windowmanager combination looks and acts most like a mac?
> > > Currently, she has OS 8.6 (i think).
>
> > Enlightenment dr16.5 - with the MacOS themes - there are a few of
> > them - and some that look wonderfully like OS/X
>
> That looks promising.  Enlightenment overall looks pretty good.
>
> Do any of the themes make it possible to stick the menu bar up top
> like on the old macs?  Do they still do that in OSX?
>
> I've realized that even if we get her a new mac, she might be cranky
> about all the changes from 8.6 to OSX...  (and i don't know anything
> about macs: i just fumble/google-mac thru hers when there's a
> problem...)
>
> Thanks for the tip,
> eric

Ok - back to what I was saying before, you can get some rather "Mac-ish"
themes for Englightenment - that really DO make it look like either a
Mac or make it look like OS/X - during the few times I venture outside
of XFCE4, I use Enlightenment w/ a Mac OS/X theme - mostly for speed and
the likes - but do bear in mind that you're going to have to dig down
into the internals of the theme in order to change the dock bindings
(the controls of the dock that launch particular programs - and etc etc
etc) - but either which, you'll dig it.

http://themes.freshmeat.net - is where you'll find an entire section
aimed at Enlightenment - you'll be able to browse through the myriad
themes there and find the Mac-ish ones mate.

http://themes.freshmeat.net/search/?q=macos&trove_cat_id=60&section=trove_cat&Go.x=12&Go.y=8

...to be more precise...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services