System: MDK 9.1 (updated/upgraded/customised)
Issues: Tried to upgrade Perl from 5.8.0 to 5.8.4
        In attempting to run/launch/compile programs that require perl,
I have broken dependencies, and constantly face "unsatisfied dependency
=> perl-base-5.8.00 (or similar)

...er, any way around this? I've been CPAN'ing heaps of modules, but
can't seem to get past ones that require either site_perl or vendor_perl
specific modules - and more specifically, MDK specific modules...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com