There's some ISP's out there that run off a satellite connection using
proxy software to the main office.  It doesn't work very well, that's
why I dumped em.  (mainly for remote/rural areas)

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Philp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 12:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Proxy Setting

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does anybody here knows how to Proxy Netscape . I've edited it in setting
> (Control) for Netscape but still it does not point to my ISP Proxy a
> windows NT using Wingate...
>
> Thanks Lapu_Lapu

You should be able to set it under the Advanced/Proxies tab in the
Preferences window of Netscape.  Simply tell it 'Manual Configuration'
then enter the hostname and port number for each relevant item.  That
should be all you need to do!

An ISP using Win NT and Wingate??  What sort of fly-by-night operation
is that?!
--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator