<SNIP>
> Storm, old china plate, Windows ALWAYS needs to be installed FIRST - no
> matter what - it's a Microsoft thing - it will rewrite your partition
> tables no matter what - and if you hose up your Windows installation
> after mucking around with GNU/linux, well, you're going to have to blast
> it all out and start again.
>
> For whatever reason, the MS family of OS's refuses to be on anything -
> or rather, boot from anything except for HDA1 (or the entire HDA for
> that matter); by common practise, Windows is install first, then
> everything else after that. Can't get around it.

<snip>
Windows 2k was installed first then mandrake then partition scrambled.
"FIXMBR" "FIXBOOT" did not work at all. I know that Windows has to be
installed first (been using mandrake since 9.0) but this is the first time I
have encountered this problem with MDK in 10. Some how it could be the bios
level F4 bios its now F6 and Mandrakesoft may be configuring stuff for the F6
BIOS now.

Also I do not know enough about lilo to configure it after mandrake is
installed.

I think ill be doing the beta run with MDK 10.1 and all candidates I just hope
they anounce it on Distrowatch.
MDK10 Unsupported
Gigabyte GA-8SR533 P4 Titan M/b F4 BIOS
1.7Ghz Celeron 384MB RAM Geforce 4 64MB