On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:54:01 -0700
Erylon Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> Me, too.  If I want to urpmi something from the install disks I don't
> have to shove them in the drive.  Sweet.

I wasn't aware one could install from just the images located somewhere
on the drive, and I imagine that the installer is smart enough to
mount the ISO on a loop device if presented with an iso, but I never
tried that. I did a number of HD and ftp installs though, just not
recently.

Now, post-install, having the ISOs themselves available somewhere, and
loopback mounted, yes of course. That's how I got by without a CDRW and
only one available disk in the 9.x days ;) - just loopback mount the
other ISOs off of /mnt/cdrom somewhere, and then make urpmi point to
those mount points as sources.