Glider pilot?  Then can I recommend KFLog, a glider pilot flight logging
program for KDE, at http://www.kflog.org/ .

For a general purpose Access-like database application, there's a number of
programs out there such as Rekall and Knoda that give you a usable front-end
to the various database back-ends.  If KFLog doesn't meet your needs, follow
up here and I'll give you more details on these and other options and fill
you in on the whole database scene on Linux.

John.