Hello all,
Can anyone recommend a good database application for my needs? I have searched
the net on the subject and just get myself more and more confused about what
I need to run. MySQL seems to be the one everyone raves about, but it's far
too powerful for what I want.........not that that's necessarily a bad thing,
but if it's too complicated then that's a problem.

I'm a glider pilot in my spare time and I'd like to keep a database on my
flying experience. I'd like to be able to enter data such as: Flight date,
duration, type of aircraft flown, solo/instructional and so on.
Then I'd like to get it to report on information such as:
Total hours flown
Total hours in a particular aircraft type (solo and/or dual)
Total hours solo and/or dual regardless of aircraft type...etc

Can anybody steer me in the right direction and let me know what packages I
would need to install?

Thanks - Aidan